PRE and POST Tanning Tips
Do you want to achieve the best results for your Sunless Tan?
Getting your sunless tan is easy, however, to acheive the best results, there are a few simple steps to follow before the tanning session and after, to extend the life of your tan.
Before You Tan:
- Shower or bathe prior to the tanning session. Be sure to exfoliate. Exfoliating is a key step in acheiving the best tan. (Pay close attention to problem areas such as knees, elbows and feet.)
- Use a soap you can see through, as a thick creamy soap can have moisturizers that will act as a barrier and can nuetralize the DHA reaction with the skin.
- Do not apply lotions, moisturizers to your skin right before your tan. Use deodorant sparingly and little to no make-up is preferrable. These products can act as a barrier to the tanning solution, causing an uneven tan.
Shaving, facials, waxing, or any other hair removal procedures should be done at least one day prior to your tanning session.
After You Tan:
- Wear loose-fitting, dark clothes and flip-flops immediately after the tanning session.
- Avoid rubbing your skin with your hands until after showering.
- Stay away from activities that will cause you to sweat or get wet. This includes exercising, being in excessive heat, saunas, sex, swimming, bathing or showering, etc.
- When the recommended time has passed, take a warm water rinse/shower to remove the solution/bronzer.
Continue to avoid bar soaps and body washes with heavy moisturizers. Transparent body washes will continue to keep the ph levels stable and will result in a longer lasting, better color of tan.
Moisturize! We cannot stress the importance of this step. Moisturize at least twice a day! Keeping your skin hydrated is key to extending the life of your tan. Avoid products with alcohol and mineral oils, as they can dry your skin.